For a long time, I've been thinking that Pivot does a particularly poor job of making disabled controls visually different, but I finally realized what's going on.
If you have a simple component with enabled=false, it is rendered in a visually distinct "grayed-out" way, like other toolkits do.  However, if you have a container with  enabled=false, its children render normally.  If you want a whole container to be disabled, and you want it to look like it's disabled, you have to disable the children one by one (and keep track of which ones should remain disabled for when you want to re-enable the container)!  That's not true in other toolkits I've used. Am I missing something?

I see there is a method Component#isBlocked, which provides the needed functionality, but it looks like it's only being used by the event propagation code.  Seems to me there is a whole lot of paint code in the system for which something.isEnabled() ought to be replaced by !something.isBlocked().  Yes?