pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pivot network performance
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 16:13:03 GMT
>> I'm using Java 6, pivot 2.0. I can see your demo runs quite quick for 100000
>> rows data, but where can i find the source code of the demo? Do I need to
>> change server side code to wrap <MyObject> to work with JSONSerializer?
>> Any example for that?
Ok, so the problem should be related to data transformation and/or
serialization ...
On JSON remember that only some data types can be converted to JSON
(this is the JSON standard), so pay attention to it, and you can use
Pivot Serializers or another library that generates JSON, it's up to
you.

If you need some example/tutorial etc, you can find all our latest
code under our trunk, here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/
(or if you prefer code from releases, even here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/tags/ )
Take a look at subprojects demos and demos-server (inside there is
RESTDemoServlet, interesting to see) there ... and maybe even under
examples.

Under tutorials could be useful "Web Queries" and "JSON-based table
view" for example, and you can see/try then even live from our site.

>If you want to try another remoting over http solution that works great with Pivot, take
a look at >http://brap.tornado.no/. It's almost a dropin replacement for Spring HttpInvoker,
as you would still program >against your interfaces the way you do now.

This is another option he could try, but FIRST we have to solve the
problem using the standard Pivot approach.

Tell us if you still have some problem, and when you solve it, how you
do it (it will be useful even to others) :-) .

Bye,
Sandro