pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SV: pivot network performance
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:58:36 GMT
Ok, now at least we know where the problem is ...
Take a look at this (old) article:
http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Programming/serialization/
could give you some help.

Maybe you could try to change the way Java serialize your classes,
with some persistence delegate, or looking at custom serialization
through java.io.Externalizable or through writeObject, readObject,
writeReplace, readResolve or any other special serialization method.

Your domain objects are linked directly to JPA or other persistence backend ?
If yes, maybe you can transform your classes in a simpler (flat)
hierarchy containing only "standard" types (Stringd and standard
wrappers), and see if this helps (as should).
Or transform any domain object (row) in a String [] or Serializable[]
and see what happens.

Debugging serialization issues is not-so-simple, I'm sorry.
Could even be due to re-transmission of classes definitions.

Note that if useful, you could even use Pivot BinarySerializer (
http://pivot.apache.org/2.0/docs/api/org/apache/pivot/serialization/BinarySerializer.html
) to serialize 1 (attention: 1 and only 1) Serializable Object (or
maybe put all your objects in a Collection and serialize it), but
probably this could be useful after you have transformed your domain
objects.

Tell to us how you solve the problem ...

Good luck,
Sandro