pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't run tutorial demos
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:17:14 GMT
Hi all,

>I don't think the web start versions have been re-enabled yet.
Yes, I'll re-enable all that stuff for 2.0.1, both in the site and
inside our wars (where it makes sense).

Note that I had a similar problem (both with Applets and Web Start)
with Java 7 on Windows 7 @ 64 bit, both with the Jre at 64 bit and
with the JRE at 32 bit ... in my case I was unable to load anything
from localhost.
This is the issue (still open) in Oracle:

And some related discussion in our mailing list:
http://apache-pivot-developers.417237.n3.nabble.com/Tests-on-Pivot-from-Java-7-td3288241.html

As soon as possible I'll retry all with the latest Java 7 Update 1,
and see what happens.

Note that removing both JRE 7, and retrying with JRE 6 (Update 26 or
higher) and all works ...

Maybe someone can do some test on this.

If/when I have other info, I'll post some update.

Bye,
Sandro