pivot-user mailing list archives

From Edvin Syse ...@syse.no>
Subject SV: Modeless dialog gets moved to the back in display order
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2011 09:19:36 GMT
> same time as the menus (graphically) are expanded and shown. But when
> the frame redraws the menu to hide the expansion as is the normal
> behaviour when the mouse is clicked and released on a menu item the entire
> frame is put topmost in display order hiding my newly created modeless
> dialogbox. This is not what I want, since the user cannot start working on this
> until the main frame is either moved or put backwards in displayorder.
>
> 2) If I do exacly the same but from a Button in the main frame the modeless
> dialogbox stays as the topmost window.
>
> The same behaviour for both windows and linux, so I guess I must be doing
> something wrong here.

I think that source.getWindow() returns different results depending on where you call it from,
and I think you need it to be your "main" window. I'm not sure this would be the best solution,
but try saving a static reference to your main window somewhere and pass that to the dialog.open
call and see if it solves your problem, then others might be able to shed some light as to
why this happens.