pivot-user mailing list archives

From Piotr Kołaczkowski <p.kolaczkow...@sages.com.pl>
Subject Re: SV: Passing parameters to BXML include tag.
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:41:28 GMT
Thanks, that works.
BTW: Why @BXML doesn't work in unsigned applets, although there is a
public setter present?

W dniu 2011-10-31 14:00, Greg Brown pisze:
> Try implementing Bindable in your root element and overriding initialize().
>
> On Oct 31, 2011, at 8:46 AM, Piotr Kołaczkowski wrote:
>
>> Thanks, I tried that but the load method is not called. However, the constructor
of the component is called, and the setter of the property is also called.
>> What can be a reason that the load method is not called?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Piotr
>>
>> W dniu 2011-10-30 21:11, anton dos santos pisze:
>>> If your custom component is implemented by a BXML file and a java class you can
do following:

>>> in the calling BXML:
>>>
>>> <bxml:include bxml:id="id1" src="../MyComp.bxml" customTitle="Hello1"/>
>>> <bxml:include bxml:id="id2" src="../MyComp.bxml" customTitle="Hello2"/>
>>>
>>> in MyComp.java, declare a variable with the same name as the parameter and use
it in load() to initialize the component

>>> @BXML
>>>   public String customTitle;
>>>
>>>   @Override
>>>   public void load(Object context) {
>>>      border.setHeading( customTitle);
>>>   }

BXMLSerializer, so this wouldn't require any special framework support as far as I can see.

a way to intercept loading of the included file and modify it on the fly?

in the framework means adding quite a lot of accidental complexity to the project configuration.
from each other. I think this is not a top priority, but a really nice to have feature.