pivot-user mailing list archives

From Tomas Stenlund <tomas.stenl...@telia.com>
Subject Re: Modeless dialog gets moved to the back in display order
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:52:25 GMT
Yes, but then I don't get it to be non-modal even if I use the setModal
(false) on the dialog. So I can't continue to use the main frames menus
and buttons. Or am I missing something obvious here ?

/Tomas

On 10/17/2011 03:32 PM, Greg Brown wrote:
> Did you try opening the dialog with the main frame as its owner? That will ensure that
it remains on top of the frame.

> On Oct 16, 2011, at 5:13 AM, Tomas Stenlund wrote:
>
>> I have an Application that creates a Frame containing menues and some controls. Nothing
fancy. In addition to this I have a modeless dialog where modal="false" set in the bxml. It
implements Bindable and extends Dialog. I create it (dialog) with a readObject on the BXMLSerializer
and open it with dialog.open (source.getDisplay());

>> So far so good. Now two scenarios.
>>
>> 1) I create an Action that reads and opens the dialog and connects it programmatically
to the action name in the Menu.Item in the main frames bxml. When I select that menuitem the
dialog box is created and shown. But now to the interesting part here.

>> The modeless dialog is shown on top of the main frame. This is done at the same time
as the menus (graphically) are expanded and shown. But when the frame redraws the menu to
hide the expansion as is the normal behaviour when the mouse is clicked and released on a
menu item the entire frame is put topmost in display order hiding my newly created modeless
dialogbox. This is not what I want, since the user cannot start working on this until the
main frame is either moved or put backwards in displayorder.