pivot-user mailing list archives

From Tomas Stenlund <tomas.stenl...@telia.com>
Subject Re: SV: Modeless dialog gets moved to the back in display order
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2011 11:48:22 GMT
Hi,

no that does not seem to be it. I use the display to create the dialog,
i.e. with no window owner. I don't think I can get a modeless dialog
otherwise. I just for the fun of it wrote out the hashCode for  the
display I use in both cases and they hash to the same value.

But I have too much additional code in here so I will try to make a
barebone example and see wether or not that yields the same result.

Cheers,

Tomas

On 10/16/2011 11:19 AM, Edvin Syse wrote:
>> same time as the menus (graphically) are expanded and shown. But when
>> the frame redraws the menu to hide the expansion as is the normal
>> behaviour when the mouse is clicked and released on a menu item the entire
>> frame is put topmost in display order hiding my newly created modeless
>> dialogbox. This is not what I want, since the user cannot start working on this
>> until the main frame is either moved or put backwards in displayorder.
>>
>> 2) If I do exacly the same but from a Button in the main frame the modeless
>> dialogbox stays as the topmost window.
>>
>> The same behaviour for both windows and linux, so I guess I must be doing
>> something wrong here.
> I think that source.getWindow() returns different results depending on where you call
it from, and I think you need it to be your "main" window. I'm not sure this would be the
best solution, but try saving a static reference to your main window somewhere and pass that
to the dialog.open call and see if it solves your problem, then others might be able to shed
some light as to why this happens.