pivot-user mailing list archives

From Tomas Stenlund <tomas.stenl...@telia.com>
Subject Modeless dialog gets moved to the back in display order
Date Sun, 16 Oct 2011 09:13:09 GMT
I have an Application that creates a Frame containing menues and some
controls. Nothing fancy. In addition to this I have a modeless dialog
where modal="false" set in the bxml. It implements Bindable and extends
Dialog. I create it (dialog) with a readObject on the BXMLSerializer and
open it with dialog.open (source.getDisplay());

So far so good. Now two scenarios.

1) I create an Action that reads and opens the dialog and connects it
programmatically to the action name in the Menu.Item in the main frames
bxml. When I select that menuitem the dialog box is created and shown.
But now to the interesting part here.

The modeless dialog is shown on top of the main frame. This is done at
the same time as the menus (graphically) are expanded and shown. But
when the frame redraws the menu to hide the expansion as is the normal
behaviour when the mouse is clicked and released on a menu item the
entire frame is put topmost in display order hiding my newly created
modeless dialogbox. This is not what I want, since the user cannot start
working on this until the main frame is either moved or put backwards in
displayorder.

2) If I do exacly the same but from a Button in the main frame the
modeless dialogbox stays as the topmost window.

The same behaviour for both windows and linux, so I guess I must be
doing something wrong here.

Any ideas ?

Cheers,

Tomas