pivot-user mailing list archives

From Noel Grandin <noelgran...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Component#isEnabled does not affect appearance recursively
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 09:00:47 GMT

Yes, Swing does it this way.

It's tricky because sometimes you want setEnabled() to be recursive, and sometimes you don't.
For example, sometimes you want to disable tabbing, so you call TabbedPane#setEnabled(false),
but you don't want the
children disabled.

Personally, I think we should add a utility method setEnabledRecursive(boolean) to the container
classes.

-- Noel Grandin