pivot-user mailing list archives

From pan peter <pan.peter1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pivot network performance
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:06:45 GMT
thanks a lot for reply.

my client communicates with server through https request, with a serice call
like

List<MyObject> objects = myservice.getAllObjects();

I can debug the server code, and i can see it takes no time for server
prepare the list to client. But seems it takes time for client, in this
case, my pivot applcation, run from Eclipse as a Java application, to fetch
the result from server. If it's a list of 500 strings, then it takes a
couple of seonds, if it's a list of MyObject, then it takes more than 10
seconds, for complicate objects, it can take 30 to 60 seconds. And those
operations in my old RCP client takes no time.

I'm using Java 6, pivot 2.0. I can see your demo runs quite quick for 100000
rows data, but where can i find the source code of the demo? Do I need to
change server side code to wrap <MyObject> to work with JSONSerializer? Any
example for that?