pivot-user mailing list archives

From guretzki <Thomas.Guret...@tik.info>
Subject AW: Rough equivalent of Swing JOptionPane.showConfirmDialog
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 10:14:35 GMT
Hi Sandro,

thanks for your quick comment. This is one of many pieces of code I have written that would
IMHO be useful as an integral part of pivot.
Best place to integrate this one would be the DesktopApplicationContext class, I think (that
way, we could avoid duplicating the code
for DesktopDisplayHost and HostDialog). If you think otherwise, then I would indeed like to
have access to those both classes from
outside of DesktopApplicationContext, e. g. by making them protected (not ideal) or package
access. Or by taking them out of
DesktopApplicationContext altogether.
Let's agree on a strategy here, then I can implement it against trunk and send you a patch
together with the grant for usage in ASF derived work. Best to wait after the 2.0.1 release,
isn't it?

Apart from all that, I have also some code exceeding the (as I understand it) intended scope
of Pivot. Mainly, this is about integrations with MigLayout,  the spring framework and JPA.
I could imagine sharing that, too, probably best as part of the Apache Extras projects. Is
there some overview of those projects somewhere?

Best regards

Thomas

Thomas Guretzki
Telefon +49 511 7631 334; Fax +49 511 7631 718
T.I.K. GmbH - Datenbankadministration & Softwareentwicklung
Königsworther Platz 6    30167 Hannover     Germany
Steuer-Nr. 2520601056
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Rainer Koch, Sitz: Hannover