pivot-user mailing list archives

From Edgar Merino <donvo...@gmail.com>
Subject Volatile Image performance
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:50:15 GMT
Hello, I've been wondering about this for days, for what I understand
Pivot uses an accelerated offscreen image to paint all of it's
components. So, if I use an ImageView to display a video (continously
changing the Image used everytime one is available) then this operation
will be accelerated, right?

I've tried creating an Accelerated version of the ImageView, using a
VolatileImage offscreen, but I don't see any performance gain by doing
this, so I'm wondering if using an Accelerated ImageView is correct, can
anyone clear this out for me?

I've tried this in both windows and linux, thanks in advance!
Edgar Merino