pivot-user mailing list archives

From pavan vadavalli <pavan.vadava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scroll Pane Question
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:09:36 GMT

Hi Greg,
I have attached the file in ZIP rather than in the RAR format.
Thanks and Regards,
Pavan
On 12/09/2011 10:19 PM, Greg Brown wrote:
> I'll try to take a look, but I can't open that file. Can you send the files as a zip
or gz or post them online somewhere?

> On Sep 8, 2011, at 4:35 PM, pavan vadavalli wrote:
>
>> Hi Greg,
>> I tried to adjust the width and height in the layout method to make sure the width
and height is less then the Preferred  height and preferred width.
>> But still i dont see the Scroll bar.
>> What i changed in the code.
>>

>> taskBar.setContent(taskBarContents);
>>          taskBarContents.setSize(taskBar.getPreferredWidth(),taskBar.getPreferredHeight());
>>          taskBarScrollPane.setPreferredHeight(taskBar.getPreferredHeight());
>>          taskBarScrollPane.setPreferredWidth(taskBar.getPreferredWidth());
>>          taskBarScrollPane.setWidth(taskBarScrollPane.getPreferredWidth()-200);
>>          taskBarScrollPane.setHeight(taskBarScrollPane.getPreferredHeight()-20);
>>

>> Attached is the complete sources . i have modified TerraTheme to set the skins  for
the components.

>>    componentSkinMap.put(InternalFrame.class, InternalFrameSkin.class);
>>    componentSkinMap.put(MainDisplay.class, MainDisplaySkin.class);
>>    componentSkinMap.put(TaskBar.class, TaskBarSkin.class);
>>
>> Btw, do we have easy other option (other than changing the provider in the Manifest
 and writing a new Provider (Terra Theme is marked as final ))to plugin the skins without
touching the Pivot sources?

>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Pavan
>>

>> On 8/09/2011 11:22 PM, Greg Brown wrote:
>>> Hard to say without seeing the code. But basically, you need to make sure that
the scroll pane is given a width and/or height that is smaller than its preferred size. Then
the scroll bars will appear.

the Scrollbar to not to appear?
is part of the Task Bar implementation. I have updated the Skin in Terra Theme since i didn't
find and easy option to plugin the skin.

windows ( the main Window and second Window ).
the Maximized to true for the second window along with the main window aswell.

like scrollpane content can stretch itself with the size of the the Parent Window and can
show all the elements.