pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Adding a field to a FileBrowserSheet
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 21:37:43 GMT
You are correct that simply adding the field to the sheet won't work. The skin, which is responsible
for laying out the control, won't know what to do with it and will ignore it.

You may be able to do this by defining a custom skin, though. I don't remember exactly how
TerraFileBrowserSheet lays out its content at the moment, but it should be fairly obvious
from the code (it is probably a TablePane). If so, you might be able to add a new row/cell
to hold your list button.

On Sep 26, 2011, at 5:26 PM, Roger and Beth Whitcomb wrote:

> I need to be able to specify a character set encoding when opening a file, so I was thinking
I would put a ListButton with some of the choices at the bottom of a FileBrowserSheet.  But,
it doesn't look like the simple thing of just adding the ListButton component to the FileBrowserSheet
object (with Sheet.add(xxx)) is going to work.  So, would I have to basically implement my
own component, subclassing FileBrowser in order to do this?  Or am I missing something obvious?