pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: Rough equivalent of Swing JOptionPane.showConfirmDialog
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2011 12:56:41 GMT
Hi,

>That’s a good suggestion. For the time being, I would like to put it into
Pivot Contrib. Could you add me as commiter there?
Yes, I need only your GMail account name.
If you want, you can send a private mail directly to me.

>Can I then use the same subversion access as for read only? If no, how do I
access it?
On Apache-Extras if you use the http version you are in read-only mode, but
for full access you have to use HTTPS, so for example your url will be:
https://svn.codespot.com/a/apache-extras.org/pivot-contrib/trunk/
and if you want (but I highly recommend it), get even (in read-only) some
code from here:
http://svn.codespot.com/a/apache-extras.org/pivot-common/trunk/
currently there are a (near-empty) project for common code to share on all
our Apache-Extras projects, and a project containing all Pivot dependencies
(with all 2.0 jars, standard, signed and not, javadoc, and even the pack200
version) ... and this will be updated soon with all 2.0.1 resources.
Note that pivot2-dependencies, you can even download it from here:
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/pivot-common/downloads/list
and unzip in your workspace.

Otherwise you could get Pivot dependencies via Maven, it depends on you, but
first way is simpler.

For startup, take a look at the code (some experiments by me) under
pivot-stuff here:
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/pivot-stuff/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk
for project dependencies, package naming, etc ... just as suggestion.

>I would like to publish that as a separate google code project named
something like pivot-miglayout.
>Any suggestion as to my first steps there?
I think should be enough to go here (
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/hosting/ ) and create
pivot-miglayout as a new project, but I don't know if it's restricted to
only Apache users ... so it's simple to try and seen what happens :-) .
Then I suggest to use Subversion and the Apache License (requested during
project creation).
After this you should be Ok.
Then, if it's useful you can reuse the pivot2-dependencies from pivot-common
(or at least write somewhere in your pages) that it's needed for your
project to build, or maybe simply copy the zip and use in your workspace.
When you'll have something working tell us, I'll be happy to write a post
even in our web site (I have many other news to write there, but time is
limited).

>Thanks for your feedback, it really encourages me publishing some code.
Good, and I hope to be able to help you even with other Pivot-related things
:-) .

Have a good day.

Bye,
Sandro