pivot-user mailing list archives

From Alex Ryzhov <aryzho...@gmail.com>
Subject BorderLayout
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 04:43:40 GMT
This is my first message to the user group and I'd like to thank the Pivot
team for a great Swing successor. Now to the topic:

It appears that there is no equivalent of BorderLayout in Pivot. I tried
BoxPane, TablePane but they aren't equivalent. For example, I'd like
component A at the top and B in the center - can't do that. I was able to
write my own component which I called FillPane. It accepts 2 children and
puts one of them at the specified side (TOP, RIGHT, BOTTOM, or LEFT), and
the other one in the center. Using this primitive component I can simulate
BorderLayout. Do you think this is something that could make its way into
the library?

Thanks,
Alex