pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any reports of...
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2011 09:09:17 GMT
Hi all,
can you try to update graphic board drivers, and all X Window stuff (X,
window manager, etc) ?
In last months I've seen strange crash of JVM (6u24 and 6u26) on win xp 32
bit using SoapUI when I have a virtual Desktop manager (dexpot) active. Just
as an idea ...

Or change window manager on a user and retry ...

Hope could be useful.

Bye
 Il giorno 06/ago/2011 08:19, "Chris Bartlett" <cbartlett.x@gmail.com> ha
scritto:
> Having read through it all this time, I can't really suggest anything
> else other than the tedious (but seemingly necessary) methodical
> behaviour comparisons across JVMs, OSs, custom/Pivot code etc.
>
> Ideally before starting down that route you would already be able to
> reliably reproduce the issue, but it sounds like there may be more
> than one issue anyway.
>
> If the problems seem to show up mainly on RHEL, then I'd say just
> focus on running as much Pivot code from SVN as you can to see if you
> can trigger the same sorts of issues as with your custom app. It is
> probably also worth testing the 2.0 and 1.5.2 jars too just to rule
> out the specific Pivot version, and to try to find some pure AWT apps
> too.
>
> I doubt that I have told you anything you didn't already know, so
> hopefully someone else on the mailing list will have some bright
> ideas.
>
> Chris
>
> On 6 August 2011 11:28, Roger and Beth Whitcomb
> <RogerandBeth@rbwhitcomb.com> wrote:
>> Hi Chris,
>> It is a DesktopApplication.  I'm having trouble running applets because
of
>> Java browser plugin installation issues, so I can't tell if
>> ComponentExplorer or KitchenSink works or not.  I have a smaller Pivot
>> desktop app that seems to run fine, but it doesn't have a lot of the
>> interaction of our main app (no right-click menus, no tree view, etc.).
>> can't (yet) run our application from a browser, so I can't tell if that
>> would make a difference or not.
>>
>> It happens at irregular times, but often just when I right click on a
tree
>> view node, or at application startup time when I am loading components
into
>> the tree on the "main" thread.  It still happens even with all my own
>> background threads disabled, so the only threads running are the ones
>> launched by the JVM and the AWT-EventQueue-0 thread (or possibly Pivot
Tasks
>> doing resource loading).  I have had it run for 10 or fifteen minutes
>> sometimes, but lately it crashes fairly soon into the application.
 Usually