pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse plugin
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 06:44:42 GMT
Alex,

The FAQ *very* briefly describes part of what the Eclipse plugin does.
'How can I create a Pivot project in Eclipse?'

The main thing to note is that it is not a BXML editor.  It creates
Eclipse launch configurations for certain .java and .bxml files.

It allows you to select a java source file that implements
org.apache.pivot.wtk.Application and launch it via Run As -> Pivot
Application.

You can also launch .bxml files as 'script applications' by selecting
a BXML file whose root object is either a org.apache.pivot.wtk.Window,
or a subclass of it.  This should show up as 'Run As -> Pivot Script
Application'

Example of a BXML file with a Window as the root object
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/tutorials/src/org/apache/pivot/tutorials/hello.bxml

Example of a BXML file with a subclass of Window as the root object
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/tutorials/src/org/apache/pivot/tutorials/lists/list_views.bxml
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/tutorials/src/org/apache/pivot/tutorials/lists/ListViews.java

Chris