pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange focus issue on Windows XP with tables
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 18:35:48 GMT
Sorry - no time for a long email right now.

I can reproduce on Windows XP Pro x64 too, but again, only with the
right sided ALT key.  (I don't have nearly enough time to start
digging into regional & keyboard settings) Also, I haven't tried
Windows 7 yet.

Pivot does consider the CONTROL key to be pressed once it receives
focus following the cancellation of the Windows dialog raised by
CTRL+ALT+DEL.  That is why you see this behaviour on multi select
TableViews and ListViews.

The next keypress that Pivot receives (regardless of which Pivot
Component receives it) will reset the internal keyboard modifier
states, which is the equivalent of releasing the CONTROL key.

The important thing is that I can also replicate it on very simple
Swing & AWT apps, so this is *NOT* just a Pivot issue.  I have an idea
for a workaround/fix, but no time to try it out just now.

In the mean time, perhaps try searching the web to see if you can find
any reports of similar issues.  Please let us know if you do find any.