pivot-user mailing list archives

From Bill van Melle <bill.van.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Invoking an HTTP POST service that returns a value object, not a URL
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2011 18:05:01 GMT
I remember facing a similar question when I wanted to add an http
timeout to GetQuery.  These classes could be much more usefully
extended if some of their important locals were marked protected
instead of private.  (Not that it's an easy decision to know when to
do that when you're implementing the base class.  Pivot seems to take
the conservative approach of marking everything private for which
Pivot does not itself have a subclass that wants access.)