pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: BorderLayout
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 12:50:19 GMT
Hi Alex,

There is no direct equivalent to BorderLayout in Pivot. However, you should be able to use
TablePane for this purpose. Create a TablePane with three rows and three columns defined as
follows:

<columns>
  <TablePane.Column width="-1"/>
  <TablePane.Column width="1*"/>
  <TablePane.Column width="-1"/>
</columns>

<rows>
  <TablePane.Row height="-1">...</TablePane.Row>
  <TablePane.Row height="1*">...</TablePane.Row>
  <TablePane.Row height="-1">...</TablePane.Row>
</rows>

The first and last rows should contain a single component with TablePane.columnSpan="3". These
represent the "north" and "south" regions. The middle row should contain three components
for "west", "center", and "east", respectively.

I haven't tried this myself so I'm curious to know how it turns out.

On Aug 1, 2011, at 12:43 AM, Alex Ryzhov wrote:

> This is my first message to the user group and I'd like to thank the Pivot team for a
great Swing successor. Now to the topic:

> It appears that there is no equivalent of BorderLayout in Pivot. I tried BoxPane, TablePane
but they aren't equivalent. For example, I'd like component A at the top and B in the center
- can't do that. I was able to write my own component which I called FillPane. It accepts
2 children and puts one of them at the specified side (TOP, RIGHT, BOTTOM, or LEFT), and the
other one in the center. Using this primitive component I can simulate BorderLayout. Do you
think this is something that could make its way into the library?