pivot-user mailing list archives

From Camilo Casadiego <Camilo.Casadi...@adv.co>
Subject RE: Drag and drop
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 23:47:10 GMT
Just in case..I have to make those components dragables...because the next step...is to draw
a line between boxes...and keep the visual relations (is like design editor for specific objects)

Kind Regards,

[cid:image001.png@01CC5DD7.3C7F76C0]

Camilo Casadiego Espitia
Arquitecto de SW
* + 57 1 6393000
* camilo.casadiego@adv.com.co<mailto:camilo.casadiego@adv.com.co>
* http://www.adv.com.co<http://www.adv.com.co/>
Carrera 11 No. 93 - 53 P7
Bogotá - Colombia

De: Camilo Casadiego [mailto:Camilo.Casadiego@adv.co]
Enviado el: Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:39 PM
Para: user@pivot.apache.org
Asunto: RE: Drag and drop

Hi there guys, I'm pretty advanced in what I'm doing...There's some code added, now I have
an issue, I managed to paint a BoxPane in any place using a context menu handler and mouse
listeners, now I have to make the components drag able...in order to achieve that, I'm adding
some code to the mouse down event, and when I make debug, I can see the actual little window
I'm clicking on, the problem is that its holded into  variable of the container passed along
the method, to be more specific its contained into mouseOverComponent which is an attribute
of the abstract class Container. the actual doubt...is how can I get the actual component
which I'm selecting...i tried to add the corresponding listener to the class holding the new
window, the problem is that it doesn't follow the mouse events when I get out of the window.

The code attached is an actual eclipse project, to run it you just have to add libraries to
lib folder and the BXMLauncher class lets you load everything using the eclipse plugin.

Once the app loads, you have to press new...and in the central frame right click and press
the option...it renders the objet correctly and the new contextual menu is available...but
now I need to be able to move that new object basically drag it arround the panel...

Any ideas'll be appreciated!!! :D