pivot-user mailing list archives

From JohnRodey <timothydd...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Strange focus issue on Windows XP with tables
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 16:01:06 GMT
Thanks for the fast response and for your help.  This issue has been
happening for a while and has finally gotten to me.  See my responses below.

> I just tried some quick tests on Windows XP 64 SP2 with recent
> versions of IE, FF, Chrome & Opera using the Oracle 1.6.0_26 JRE.
> I was unable to reproduce, but was only able to lock the screen using
> WINDOWS+L.

> Can you clarify a few things (listed inline) to help in trying to
> reproduce this?
> The title of the email refers to 'focus', but the body of the email
> doesn't seem to mention focus.  Does this behaviour also occur if you
> simply focus on another Windows application, and then return to the
> browser showing the Pivot applet?

*So I have not gone through debugging the Pivot code but it appears as
though it may be a focus issue, but I'm not sure.  No, this does not occur
when focus changes to another application and back to the pivot app.*

> On 17 August 2011 22:07, JohnRodey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I have this issue where if I have my pivot app up and lock my screen (or
> even
> > a ctrl+alt+del, followed by just hitting cancel), when I then click in
> the
> > table it highlights multiple rows.
> Do you see the same effect if you use WINDOWS+L to lock the screen?

*No, it appears to behave fine when I use Windows+L.  I don't even
technically lock my screen but when I press ctrl+alt+del I get a Windows
security window that asks me what to do (Lock Computer, Log Off, Shut Down,
Change Password, Taask Manager, Cancel), from here I just have to hit cancel
and I see the pivot issue.*

> > After a little bit of playing I noticed this doesn't happen on my
> Windows 7
> > box but does on XP.  It happens in both Firefox and IE.
> Can you provide some version numbers for these browsers, as well as
> java version?

*Firefox 3.6.13
IE 8.0.6001.18702
Java 1.6.0_22*

> > Steps to reproduce:
> > 1) on a XP machine launch the kitchen sink application in IE or Firefox
> > 2) drop down the tables example
> > 3) highlight any row
> Can you please clarify 'highlight'?  Pivot TableViews render rows
> differently depending on selection as well as mouse position (mouse
> over highlighting).
> Do you mean 'move the mouse over a row so that the row is highlighted
> in a grey colour'?
> Or maybe, 'left click on a row to select it so that it is rendered
> with a blue background and white foreground (when it has focus)'?

*Sorry, left click and select a row so that it is blue with white
lettering.*

> > 4) ctrl+alt+del and hit cancel when prompted to lock screen
> > 5) click a few rows in the table (now you can highlight as many rows as
> you
> > want)
> Do you mean that you see multiple rows being selected/highlighted
> (depending on your meaning of highlighted)?
> Both of the TableViews in the KitchenSink demo are configured in multi
> select mode, so multiple selections are allowed.  However the
> selection should only be changed to include/exclude the clicked row if
> the CONTROL key is pressed, or a range of rows if SHIFT is pressed.

*Yes I see multiple rows being selected, now i can cause multiple rows to go
blue bg with white lettering, and I am not holding shift or ctrl.  It
behaves as if I were holding ctrl though.

Here's another wierd thing I'm seeing, once I cause this issue and am
selecting multiple rows, if I hit any button on my keyboard it goes back to
normal.  If I hit the letter 'a' or the space bar it stops selecting
multiple and returns to normal. *