pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas G. Schuessler" <...@arasoft.de>
Subject Re: Invoking an HTTP POST service that returns a value object, not a URL
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 13:39:39 GMT

gk_brown@verizon.net wrote:

> I forgot about one other important aspect of this. Query only defines a
> single serializer property. Currently, that serializer is used to read
> GETs and write POSTs and PUTs. Will you be able to use a single serializer
> to address your use case? I imagine so, since Serializer defines both
> readObject() and writeObject(), but I just wanted to make sure.

I do not foresee any problems.

gk_brown@verizon.net wrote:

> If so, it might be possible to lift the restriction on line 469 that
> requires a GET request in order to return data. Does anyone know if it is
> possible to determine if a request contains a response body? Perhaps that
> check could be used to gate the if block instead of method == Method.GET.

Might getContentLength() help?

In the meantime I have tried out the Jersey client library. Everything I
need works fine. Would it make sense to consider using Jersey with Pivot?
What would need to be done to have the same level of integration as
available for Pivot.Query (notifying listeners etc.)?