pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to maximize the HostFrame
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2011 11:56:40 GMT
Tomas,

I see the same thing when on a virtual machine running the same
version of Ubuntu & JRE as you.
All of the other Pivot desktop properties seem to be read and parsed
OK, so I don't think that side of things is a problem.

Once Pivot has parsed the '--maximized' property as 'true' it will
attempt to make the AWT Frame maximized using
http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/awt/Frame.html#setExtendedState(int)

In the Javadocs for that method it states ...
'Note that if the state is not supported on a given platform, nothing
will happen. The application may determine if a specific state is
available via the java.awt.Toolkit#isFrameStateSupported(int state)
method.'

I'll try to have a look shortly to see what this combination of Ubuntu
& JRE actually returns when passed
Toolkit.isFrameStateSupported(java.awt.Frame.MAXIMIZED_BOTH);

Chris

Chris