pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to maximize the HostFrame
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2011 12:32:39 GMT
The problem seems to be because the call to
Frame.setExtendedState(int) happens before the Frame is visible.
This doesn't seem to have an effect on my Ubuntu test system, but it
does with my Windows one.  (Not sure if it is the OS or the JRE)

Feel free to add a new ticket to JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT

A simple fix might just be to make 2 calls to Frame.setExtendedState(int)

The first call would occur before the Frame is made visible.  This is
the current behaviour and could remain unchanged.  This works on
Windows and possibly other OSes, and means that the Frame starts in a
maximized state rather than opening and then resizing.

The second call could occur after after the Frame has been made
visible. This should have no effect on a Frame that is already
maximized (as appears to be the case when running on Windows), but
would ensure that the --maximized startup property works.

Chris