pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accordion like Component that allows multiple open panels
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:09:49 GMT
On 15 July 2011 20:59, SYSE | Edvin <es@syse.no> wrote:
> Den 15.07.2011 15:37, skrev Chris Bartlett:
>>
>> Does such a component exist in other GUI toolkits or have a name?
>> Is even the suggestion of having multiple expanded panels in an
>> Accordion considered heresy?  :)
>
> I know it's easy to do with many JQuery accordions, here's an example:
>
> http://jsbin.com/inawa4/2
That looks like a 4 Pivot Rollups, each wrapped in a Border - but yes,
it is pretty much the same thing.

> What I would really like, is to be able to open a new accordion tab without
> closing the previous one if I hold down shift for example.
I was thinking about keeping the basic mouse click behaviour of
Accordion, but making each click on the 'title bar' explicitly open or
close that panel.  So if the first panel is open, clicking on the
second one would leave the first open, but expand the second one.
I do like the idea of the SHIFT modifier key as a clean way to allow
'enhanced' Accordion behaviour (multiple open panels) alongside
traditional Accordion behaviour (single open panel).