pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: IconView in Pivot
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:04:39 GMT
expect the preferred size of each item to be different. That's what ListView does when the
"variableItemHeight" style is set to false (the default).

>>> Ah, ofcourse. I'll adjust. What about the renderer's default ImageView, should
it have a fixed size like in ListView, or should it be determined by the image that get's
loaded into it?

>> The size should be fixed by the ImageView - if it depends on the image, then the
renderer isn't guaranteed to have a fixed size.

> Does that mean that I should set a default size on the ImageView that should be overridable,
or how do I solve this? I'm mostly done with the rest of it, I'll supply a patch to PIVOT-276
after I've tested it a bit more :)

Yes, this is what ListViewItemRenderer does. It provides setters to allow a caller to control
this size.