pivot-user mailing list archives

From SYSE | Edvin ...@syse.no>
Subject Re: Accordion like Component that allows multiple open panels
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 13:59:48 GMT
Den 15.07.2011 15:37, skrev Chris Bartlett:
> Does such a component exist in other GUI toolkits or have a name?
> Is even the suggestion of having multiple expanded panels in an
> Accordion considered heresy?  :)

I know it's easy to do with many JQuery accordions, here's an example:

http://jsbin.com/inawa4/2

What I would really like, is to be able to open a new accordion tab
without closing the previous one if I hold down shift for example. Then
it should probably also have a SplitPane between them, so that you can
choose how much space each of the open accordion tabs occupy.

I have a need for this functionality in my current app, since I'm
converting it from NetBeans RCP that has a very complete docking
framework. There I just undocked one of the accordion tabs into the same
docking container as the accordion :)

-- Edvin