pivot-user mailing list archives

From SYSE | Edvin ...@syse.no>
Subject Re: IconView in Pivot
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 23:36:35 GMT
Den 12.07.2011 18:34, skrev SYSE | Edvin:
> Den 12.07.2011 18:29, skrev Greg Brown:
>> You might want to look at ListView - TableView is a bit more complex.
>
> Ah ofcourse :) Thanks, I'll take this exercise to get to know
> painting/skins etc a little better :)

I implemented a GridView component mostly modelled after ListView,
complete with skin, events, keyboard navigation, selection (including
multi) and binding. It's only painting components within the clipbounds
and seems to be very performant.

See a short demo here:

https://edvin.viewscreencasts.com/2cd0ac2c9795422f875f8f048e3f8f80

I pulled some facebook photos and names, and use the default ItemRenderer.

I would like to contribute this to Pivot when it is done. I will try to
polish it a bit after work tomorrow and show you the code :)

I have three questions:

- Should it support checkboxes?
- Should it support databinding in the same way as ListView does?
- I saw on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-276 that it was
suggested that it had a fixed renderer size. What makes for a sensible
default?

-- Edvin