pivot-user mailing list archives

From SYSE | Edvin ...@syse.no>
Subject Re: Why is TableView#getTableData() typed as List<?>?
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:50:47 GMT
Den 11.07.2011 14:44, skrev Greg Brown:

>> Sure, if TableView accepted a generic type argument that was used instead of ?, this
would be super-handy
> True, but that would make declaring the list more of a pain.
>
> My suggestion at the time was to parameterize the property vs. the class, since that
would solve the cast problem without requiring a type parameter on the ListView instance.
What do you think?
If you parameterize the class, I don't think that causes any problems
when you declare an instance without a type argument, does it? If that's
correct, it seems to me that a type parameter on the class is by far the
best solution.

-- Edvin