pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Accordion like Component that allows multiple open panels
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:49:02 GMT
I have actually started wondering about the overall usefulness of Accordion given that most
UIs seem to prefer multiple expander-like behavior.

I am also wondering if SplitPane is really all that useful or if a more generic "Resizer"
component might be better. There are a few issues with SplitPane as it stands:

- The property names are a bit strange, since they have to accommodate either a horizontal
or a vertical orientation.
- The layout logic duplicates some of what is already implemented in TablePane.

A Resizer component (or "Sash") could potentially provide the resizing capability, and these
could be used within different layout containers (primarily BoxPane and TablePane, I would
imagine) to create various configurable layouts.