pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Encodings and scripting languages
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2011 00:14:18 GMT
This sounds like it could be an IDE issue. Are you sure your IDE is configured to save your
source files using the right encoding?

On Jul 15, 2011, at 7:30 PM, Edgar Merino wrote:

> Hello, I've been working on a project using Apache Pivot and Python for UI logic. Everything
works perfectly, except for encodings. It seems that pivot only registeres the default system
encoding, excluding all others. This is causing me problems since the application I'm writing
is suppose to run in windows (latin1) and my development machine uses linux (utf-8), forcing
me to manually change the encoding for strings when making production releases.

> Has anyone got any information on this issue? I'm able to open a jython console and use
different encodings, but somehow this is not working in pivot. Perhaps this is not a pivot
issue, but an issue with the javax.script API.