pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Missing Keyboard.KeyCode.INSERT
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 18:15:04 GMT
Ah, now I remember. I always hated "type over" mode. But I can see the value in using it to
*actually* insert something.

On Jun 16, 2011, at 2:05 PM, Edvin Syse wrote:

> Den 16.06.2011 19:19, skrev Greg Brown:
>> No particular reason. It has been a while since I worked with an extended Windows
keyboard, though. What does that key do again?

> Insert is traditionally used to change between insert and overwrite mode in a text editor,
but also used in TreeViews and tables to insert a new row or node. I use it to add a new file
in a FileTreeView right now. I'm an IntelliJ IDEA user, so I'm used to shortcuts for everything
:)