pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Focus transfer when suggestion popup closes
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 06:30:36 GMT
Roger,

I concur that the current behaviour seems wrong.

The suggestionPopupClosed handler in TerraSuggestionPopupSkin only seems to
be trying to handle the scenarios of the suggestion window being closed with
the ESCAPE or ENTER keys, without considering that a TAB/SHIFT+TAB might be
the reason for the closure.

My expectations of focus navigation would be...
- If the SuggestionPopup window is not open, TAB/SHIFT+TAB behave as per a
regular TextInput, transferring focus from the TextInput
If the SuggestionPopup window is open
- When the TextInput has focus, TAB/SHIFT+TAB behave as for a regular
TextInput, with the SuggestionPopup window being closed as focus is
transferred to the target component.
- When the ListView has focus (and therefore a suggestion/list item is
selected), TAB/SHIFT+TAB selects that suggestion, closes the window and
attempts to transfers focus *from* the TextInput according to the
TAB/SHIFT+TAB keycode.
Note that this last one doesn't currently work as the TAB/SHIFT+TAB seems to
be consumed within the keyPressed handler of the TerraListViewSkin (via a
call to super.keyPressed(...)), but it could be supported with a new
ComponentKeyListener on the ListView.

I would expect the ESCAPE key to close an open SuggestionWindow without
accepting any suggestions and return focus to the TextInput (leaving the
text of the TextInput unchanged).
I would expect the ENTER key to close an open SuggestionWindow and return
focus to the TextInput. It would accept the selected suggestion if the
ListView has focus, or just keep the text of the TextInput if the TextInput
has focus.
Chris