pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I update a node in a TreeView when it has no parent?
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 07:41:42 GMT
Edvin,

I'm not totally sure that I understand your problem, but the following might
help.

The root nodes of a TreeView are simply the elements of the List that the
TreeView uses as its data model which is accessible via
treeView.getTreeData();

If you are looking to treat the root nodes in the same way as any other
node, I think you should be able to use a TreeBranch as the root node (as it
implements org.apache.pivot.collections.List<TreeNode>). This assumes that
you are using the provided org.apache.pivot.wtk.content.TreeBranch and
org.apache.pivot.wtk.content.TreeNode classes rather than custom ones.

Chris