pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@ingres.com>
Subject RE: Question about mouse location
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 15:59:04 GMT
What I'm trying to do is change the mouse to a wait cursor when the user presses the Enter
key or the "OK" button is clicked with the mouse.  In this particular case, there is a slight
but noticeable delay for the operation to happen, so I'd like to have the user feedback of
a wait cursor during this time.  I have implemented all this stuff in the "previewDialogClose"
method of the DialogStateListener.  So, I have to find the component that the mouse is currently
positioned over in order to do the capture and change the cursor.  In the case of user clicking
with the mouse on "OK" this is fine, but in the Enter key case, the mouse could be pretty
much anywhere so I have to go looking for the component the mouse is over and it appears not
to be over any component, so the capture can't be done and the wait cursor never gets set.
 So, the fail case is this:
- User clicks on a button or link button to bring up a dialog, which opens covering up the
original button in the owner window.
- Without moving the mouse, user starts to type something in a dialog field and presses Enter
to initiate the operation (which will close the dialog if successful).
- Wait cursor would like to come up but I can't find any component for which "isMouseOver()"
is true, so capture doesn't work.

Is that clear enough?  I can do a screen cam movie if you want to demonstrate the use case.

But, I imagine (although I haven't tested this), based on what you're saying, that if I were
to set a custom mouse cursor on a component in this same scenario that the cursor wouldn't
change correctly when the dialog comes up (or goes away) until the mouse was moved again.

Thanks,
~Roger