pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@ingres.com>
Subject RE: Webkit component
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 10:59:34 GMT
Hi Andrei,
    I can use Desktop.getDesktop().browse() on my Mac system: 10.6.7 and Java version 1.6.0_24.
 Works like a charm.
   What version of OSX / Java is it not working on for you?

~Roger Whitcomb

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrei Pozolotin [mailto:andrei.pozolotin@gmail.com]
Sent: Sat 6/4/2011 3:11 PM
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: Webkit component

*Edvin:
*
1) re: "Desktop.getDesktop().browse()"

does not work on linux, mac:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
Desktop API is not supported on the current platform
    at java.awt.Desktop.getDesktop(Desktop.java:126)
    at bench.browse.TestBrowse.main(TestBrowse.java:13)

use instead:
        <dependency>
            <groupId>net.sourceforge</groupId>
            <artifactId>browserlauncher</artifactId>
            <version>1.3.0</version>
        </dependency>

2) eclipse uses embedded external system browser in a swt frame; I
wonder if you know this exists for awt?

3) are your apps in public domain? can I take a look please? :-)

thanks,

Andrei