pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: BXML Rendering
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 13:23:11 GMT
Yup, very easy. Just use BXMLSerializer to load the text the user enters. You may need to wrap
it in a StringReader to pass to readObject().

The only real trick is how to get it on screen. Every UI element in a Pivot app must ultimately
be contained by some kind of Window. You could require your users to create a Window (or subclass)
as a root element, but that might be kind of limiting. Alternatively, if you allow them to
create any kind of component except Window (and Display) as a root element, you could open
your preview in a Frame, or the right-hand side of a SplitPane, etc.