pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Examples still using namespace.get() instead of @BXML
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 20:55:25 GMT
> Den 06.06.2011 22:27, skrev Greg Brown:
>>> Oh, I would like to add that it wasn't obvious why the BXML code didn't work
without signing. Perhaps more prominent indication in the tutorials or BXML primer would be
good.

>> Agreed.
>>
>>> It's more likely, new users will just use the public syntax by copy/pasting examples.
>>
>> This is another good reason not to use public fields in the examples.
>
> That also means that people will copy the namespace.get() code instead of using @BXML.
You are signing some of the examples, why not just sign them all and use @BXML all the way?
Most applications needs to be/should be signed anyway.

Possibly, but the examples don't, and a prospective developer may wonder why a simple tutorial
application requires system access. It also makes an application take slightly longer to start
up.