pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Animated gifs in TreeView node icons
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:03:35 GMT
Cool.  :-)

On Jun 20, 2011, at 8:53 AM, Edvin Syse wrote:

> Sorry, there was a bug in it, fix attached :)

desirable in some scenarios.  In this particular case, I think it would be unwanted as the
ActivityIndicator would be shown to the user while a TreeBranch is being populated via a potentially
long running Task.  Leaving the mouse enabled means that the user is free to do other things.
>>> That's true. But I still think a custom node renderer would be the easiest way
to accomplish what Edvin is trying to do.  :-)
>> You are oh so right :) It was super easy, I just did a quick test, and it works perfectly,
even with multiple busy nodes simultaneously.Before I load data in a background task I do:

>> nodeRenderer.setBusyNode(node)
>>
>> And remove the busy node after the loading task has completed (removeBusyNode(node)).
Attached is my rudimentary implementation, will refactor it now that I see it is working :)