pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Animated gifs in TreeView node icons
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:16:23 GMT
Good catch. It should be sufficient to simply repaint the node bounds on the TreeView itself.

On Jun 20, 2011, at 9:11 AM, Chris Bartlett wrote:

> Good to hear it was painless.   It goes to show that I should obviously defer to Greg's
suggestions more often :)

> I see you are calling    treeView.getParent().repaint();
> Does the parent need to be repainted, or could you get away with just repainting the
TreeView?

> Also, bear in mind that there are multiple repaint methods, including the following two
which *might* help to optimise repainting.
> http://pivot.apache.org/2.0/docs/api/org/apache/pivot/wtk/Component.html#repaint(org.apache.pivot.wtk.Bounds,
boolean)
> http://pivot.apache.org/2.0/docs/api/org/apache/pivot/wtk/Component.html#repaint(int,
int, int, int, boolean)

> Chris
>
> On 20 June 2011 19:53, Edvin Syse <edvin@sysedata.no> wrote:
> Sorry, there was a bug in it, fix attached :)
>
> Den 20.06.2011 14:51, skrev Edvin Syse:
>
> Den 17.06.2011 16:29, skrev Greg Brown:
> Ahh, I hadn't considered the mouse blocking side of things, which is certainly desirable
in some scenarios.  In this particular case, I think it would be unwanted as the ActivityIndicator
would be shown to the user while a TreeBranch is being populated via a potentially long running
Task.  Leaving the mouse enabled means that the user is free to do other things.
> That's true. But I still think a custom node renderer would be the easiest way to accomplish
what Edvin is trying to do.  :-)
> You are oh so right :) It was super easy, I just did a quick test, and it works perfectly,
even with multiple busy nodes simultaneously.Before I load data in a background task I do:

> nodeRenderer.setBusyNode(node)
>
> And remove the busy node after the loading task has completed (removeBusyNode(node)).
Attached is my rudimentary implementation, will refactor it now that I see it is working :)