pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: No ListIterator in tabs
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 20:23:29 GMT
OK. Well, the reason that this isn't supported is simply development effort. Nested collections
like TabPane's TabSequence fire events. In order to support remove(), we'd need to write a
custom iterator for each nested sequence, so that it would fire events appropriately. And
it is not as simple as just having the iterator's remove() method remove the element from
the backing collection, because that would generate a ConcurrentModificationException. So,
we sidestepped the issue by making the iterators for nested sequences read only.

Given this, your approach of copying the items you want to remove is probably the best solution.

On Jun 15, 2011, at 4:14 PM, Edvin Syse wrote:

> Den 15.06.2011 21:58, skrev Greg Brown:
>> Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you need a ListIterator for this - I
think you just want an iterator that supports remove(). Is that right?

> That's correct. Commonly, ListIterators do that, but you are right - I have no need for
the ListIterator itself :)