pivot-user mailing list archives

From Edvin Syse <ed...@sysedata.no>
Subject No ListIterator in tabs
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:30:37 GMT
When I delete a domain object in my app, I check a tab pane to see if it
contains any tabs that edits the deleted object and close them. I find
myself writing code like this (Page is the domain object in this example):

// Delete the page from RDBMS
deletePage(page);

// Put tabs to remove in another list to avoid
ConcurrentModificationException
List<Component> remove = new ArrayList<Component>();

// Search for tabs to remove
for (Component tab : tabs.getTabs()) {
     if (tab instanceof DomainObjectHolder) {
         DomainObjectHolder holder = (DomainObjectHolder) tab;
         if (page.equals(holder.getDomainObject()))
             remove.add(tab);
     }
}

// Remove the tabs
for (Component tab : remove)
     tabs.getTabs().remove(tab);

If tabs.getTabs() could give me a ListIterator, this would be a lot
smoother, by maybe there is another Pivot way of doing this?

-- Edvin