pivot-user mailing list archives

From Edvin Syse <ed...@sysedata.no>
Subject Re: Update TabData - supposed to call listeners manually?
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 21:45:56 GMT

Den 14.06.2011 23:03, skrev Greg Brown:
>> It would have to do null-checks, or switch to  if (!tabData.equals(previousTabData)),
but even then, ButtonData would need an equals() method. If the equals() method checked the
text and userData properties (and skip the Image) that would work :)

> That's a good point, too. I definitely wouldn't want to incur the performance penalty
of a byte-by-byte image comparison! Though it is probably OK to do a reference equality check
for images, since they are often shared within an app.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that there shouldn't be
any comparison and that the caller should decide. If you call the
method, you want a redraw, so any equals() method would only add
overhead, and possibly stop the update you explicitly called for.