pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Help on Clarification
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 13:15:37 GMT
> <quote author='gk_brown@verizon.net'>
>> 1. Can do wizard basics controls in Pivot Apache
>
> Yes.
> <arm:> Could you please provide the controls details. Is there any tutorial available
for this?

There's nothing specific to wizards but you should be able to get a good understanding of
the available controls from the Pivot tutorial:

http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/

>> 2. Files Rendering Option.
>
> Not sure what this means.
>
> <arm:> Can we open the Reports PDF/EXCEL/TXT files within Apache Pivot UI?

You can view text files with the stock components. PDF isn't supported natively but can easily
be integrated using other 3rd party products or open-source projects. Excel is not supported
natively, but CSV is. There may be a way to integrate 3rd party Excel support - not sure.