pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: TextInput won't strech to fill it's parent
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 18:58:42 GMT
> I have a Form where I want the TextInputs to fill the space horizontally.
>
> From looking at the code in TerraTextInputSkin, it seems like it only cares about textSize,
and not the surrounding container's layout (Judging from getPreferredSize).

No components look to their parents for sizing information. It is up to the parent to ask
the component how it would like to be sized. textSize simply specifies the text input's preferred
width, in characters. To stretch a text input beyond this, you'll need to use a container
that will disregard the text input's preferred width. Either Form or a vertical BoxPane with
fill=true will do this.