pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Examples still using namespace.get() instead of @BXML
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 21:03:21 GMT
>>> That also means that people will copy the namespace.get() code instead of using
@BXML. You are signing some of the examples, why not just sign them all and use @BXML all
the way? Most applications needs to be/should be signed anyway.

>> Possibly, but the examples don't, and a prospective developer may wonder why a simple
tutorial application requires system access. It also makes an application take slightly longer
to start up.

> I buy that, thought about the same. So how about this: You use namespace.get() in the
actual code that is run, but @BXML in the code example text. Together with an explanation,
you get the best of both worlds. What do you think? :)

I think that would be misleading. I also think it is good for developers to see how to access
BXML namespace values in case they do want to use BXML in untrusted applets.