pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Form.required - does it have any functionality?
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:54:57 GMT
Hi Greg,
don't worry, no problem :-) ...

I think this feature could really be useful, so if you are not against I'll
try to take a look ... so the qeustion: in Form.java in the method
setRequired, the following part seem "strange" to me:
            Container parent = component.getParent();

// TODO: here (with my changes in the demo) parent is null ...
            if (parent instanceof Form) {
                Form form = (Form)parent;
                form.formAttributeListeners.requiredChanged(form,
component);
            }
shouldn't I get the parent chain (already set by the BXMLSerializer) ?
Because in this case in the forms.bxml I have the following hierarchy: Forms
(backed by the Forms.java class), Border / TablePane / TablePane.Row / Form
/ Form.Section / BoxPane / TextInput

And last, to close this discussion, do you think it will be better to remove
this little feature before the 2.0.1 final (and maybe re-implement it in
2.1) ?

Bye